Friday, October 1, 2010

Observing ISS and Stargaze 9/30/10

At 6:04 in the morning (Eastern Time) the International Space Station was as bright as Venus as it passed in the North. There was also a shooting star that I saw beforehand, which became one of the two shooting stars I got to see that day. Watching the International Space Station dip under the horizon was really cool, and things only got better at the stargaze that same night. Using Mr. Percival's telescope, I got to see Venus in its crescent phase, Jupiter and its moon (up close!), and a close up on parts of the Milky Way. The most fascinating part was definitely watching Jupiter's moons in orbit. Once again I got to look at all of the constellation I have learned, and a few M objects which are always really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment