Sunday, September 19, 2010

Stargazing Adventure 9/18/10

On my second star gazing adventure I was able to find a few more constellations, primarily due to that fact that I had learned a few new constellations. For starters, I was quickly able to find the teapot in Sagittarius. After that I located Venus setting in the west, and then Jupiter rising in the east. While the bright waxing gibbous moon made it difficult to see stars in its proximity, It did not disrupt my viewing of the Summer Triangle, and a corner of that triangle, the star Altair. I was also able to find the keystone in Hercules. The most exciting portion of the night however came after a few hours of looking at the sky. A shooting star appeared for no more than a second, and it was awesome. That concluded my stargazing adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment